Leaky Gut Syndrome - Treatment in London
Those who are reading this probably already know what leaky gut is and may even have spent years trying to heal their gut. Most nutritionists are able to deal with leaky gut issues. For resistant cases, what we offer as a doctor led practice is the added benefit of being able to prescribe uncommon medications that most GPs may not be familiar with. Some of these medications are rifaximin, LDN (low dose naltrexone), valgancyclovir, valacyclovir amongst others. Being a hormonally based practice, quite frequently, we also utilise hormones where a rebalancing is required and to speed up recovery.
As such, we have a 2 tier level of consultation. From experience, we find that younger patients usually fare well with the basic consultation (60 mins Dr time) but older patients fare better with the full consultation (150 mins Dr time).
We are able to organise tests for you. Alternatively, if you have already done them and want the doctor to analyse them, an interpretation fee is applicable for the doctor's time, where it is outside of your consultation hour. We will work with your budget to ascertain the best options for testing where required. We have also opted not to use the same lab for all testing but instead, have used our experience to source the best tests as not all lab tests are equal. Labs used are Genova, Regenerus, Biolab, TDL, AONM Armin Labs amongst others. Examples of tests done are:
- SIBO breath analysis
- Comprehensive stool testing (3 day analysis)
- Urine organic acid testing
- Adrenal testing where applicable
- Lyme disease testing where applicable
- Heavy metal testing
- Most other tests where required
- Cyrex testing
**All additional tests above are charged separately from the consultation. We will advice if any tests are needed and inform you on the cost of each test. Each test will also have an additional charge for doctor's interpretation.
+ What does a consultation with the Doctor include?
- Consultation which lasts up to 60 minutes
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone
- This is a very bespoke management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Tests are not compulsory. Should the doctor suggest a test, they are at an extra cost depending on what is required.
- We are happy to look at your tests conducted elsewhere during the hour of consultation.
- If you feel you have other, more complicated factors such as hormonal imbalance, we suggest booking in for the detailed Full Medical Consultation with blood tests.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management/progress and adjust where necessary.
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that if relevent.
New Patient Consultation 60 minutes
- Consultation £250
Follow-up Consultation 20 minutes
- Consultation £85
How to budget for the year
- Prescription: this will depend on individual circumstances and if necessary. Most antibiotics are short term only but other medications may need to be taken for a longer period. Some people may not need any prescription medications.
- Supplementation: this will depend on your individual circumstances and if necessary. You can choose to source your own supplements or we can direct you to websites that we have vetted.
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: