Weight Loss Clinic in London
Myth or Fact:
A calorie in is a calorie out
All calories are created equal
You are what you eat
Who do you blame for your weight gain? Is it genetics, your lifestyle, your food habits or ageing? Or maybe it isn't your fault. But how can you really know?
Weight management is not as simple as counting calories, spending more time in the gym, drinking a magic shake, or popping a diet pill. In fact, it is fairly complex, it is about giving your body the right tools so that your body can fight off the source of weight gain by itself.
Why you gain weight:
- For some people it's simple a matter of excess calories, where they are eating calories surplus to requirements.
- Chronic stress could be causing a steroid like weight gain (weight gain predominately on the face and middle with slim arms and legs).
- Intolerance to foods which cause a bloat like weight gain. This is usually very insidious and reactions are usually mild and only appear after a few hours to days. The problem with this is that you'll keep eating the offending food and so your body is constantly fighting. This has long term implications including weight gain.
- You are eating the wrong types of food and hence causing a state of insulin resistance.
- You may have leptin resistance. Leptin is the hormone that tells the brain when you're full.
- You may have hormonal imbalances eg thyroid, adrenals, polycystic ovaries, low testosterone etc.
We want to get to the root of your weight gain and we want a long-term permanent solution. If you understand what is wrong, it empowers you to put it right. You could very well be one of those people who say that they "cannot possibly have another bite" and actually mean it.
This service is for all levels of weight management from severely obese to 'just a little to lose'.
What does a consultation with our Doctors include?
- up to 70 minutes consultation
- Lab interpretation where relevant
- Bespoke management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Option to convert to a more comprehensive consult if necessary
- Tests are not compulsory, should the doctor suggest a test, they are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges.
- If you feel you have other, more complicated factors such as hormonal imbalance, we suggest booking in for the detailed Comprehensive Medical Consultation.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.
Please see this page for further details on our 2 consultation options, costs and our ethos
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: