Vitamin D Intramuscular Shot
Vitamin D is a group of fat soluble vitamins responsible for intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate. Two major forms of vitamin D exist:
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), found in plants, is produced by ultraviolet B irradiation of ergosterol and can be consumed as a supplement or in fortified foods.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), on the other hand, a product of ultraviolet B irradiation of 7-dehydrocholesterol, is synthesised in the human epidermis or consumed in the form of natural (for example, fish) or fortified food sources or as a supplement.
- 300,000 IU units of Vitamin D2
- Intramuscular injection
- We use D2 instead of D3 as it is much better value and will be converted to D3 inside your body
- We don’t make enough (from the sun) for our needs especially in the West
- We do not get enough from foods and what we do get is usually poorly absorbed
- Particularly important if you have darker skin (Asian, Mediterranean and Afro-Caribbean) or use a lot of SPF
- Important for bone density alongside vitamin K2, A and minerals
- Improves the immune system
- Many studies that link Vit D’s with cancer, obesity, certain autoimmune conditions like MS, diabetes,blood pressure and heart disease
+ Who carries out the consultation and procedure?
The consultation and procedure is carried out by our IV Physiologist. When you arive for your injection we'll start with a consultation and if deemed suitable you'll receive the shot straight away.
If you prefer a Doctor there is a surcharge of £40, please request upon booking.
- Booking fee applies to new clients and practitioner consultations redeemable against treatment
*Vitamin D blood testing facilities available. We will advice you during the consultation