Testosterone Replacement Therapy in London (Andropause)
“Now after 3 months on testosterone therapy, my libido is very good and healthy, laugh a lot more, engage with life a lot more, listen to music a lot more, my body responds to going to the gym, more stamina, able to swim a lot longer, recovery from gym a lot quicker. I’m now waiting for the downfall as feel that its too good to be true. Able to handle stress a lot better. Feel much warmer than before. Anxiety levels much reduced. More effective at work. Get up and go is there. We have got our relationship back"
This is known as the male sex hormone but is also relevant in females. Testosterone levels start to decrease in the male beyond mid-30s and this continues throughout their lives. It is usually first noticed when the libido decreases and erection quality is not what is used to be. However, there usually has been symptoms prior to this, such as, irritability, lack of energy, depressive mood and not getting the same results at the gym. For women it often first noticed when there is a loss in sex drive.
Our testing is extremely comprehensive and covers Total and Free testosterone, LH (Luteinising Hormone) for pituitary function, Oestradiol levels (or Oestrogen, Estrogen), SHGB (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin), Prolactin and PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen), Hematocrit amongst other important parameters.
This treatment is advisable for those who feel they may have a deficiency of testosterone. You will be monitored closely and regularly to fine tune your optimal level and to tailor the management for the maximal benefit to the skin, muscles, heart, brain, libido and fat distribution.
+ What does a consultation with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately)
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 30 minute discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone with our resident health coach
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups may rarely require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some people, a few extra tests may be required to gain more information and aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some rare cases, a few extra tests may be required to aid diagnosis and management.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- This is done in-house along with a smaller blood screen
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.
Please see this page for further details on consultation options, costs and our ethos