Oestrogen and Progesterone Replacement Therapy London (BHRT for Menopause)
These are the female sex hormones and are commonly replaced after menopause. What is normally given by your GP is a synthetic version of these hormones which can cause of myriad of side effects over the long-term including breast cancer. What we use in this clinic is bio-identical, meaning your body recognises the hormones as self and hence you do not get the side effects associated with the synthetic hormones. We replace it for the benefits that oestrogen and progesterone can provide to the human body, it slows down ageing of the bones, the brain, the blood vessels, your skin, libido, your muscles and more.
This treatment is advisable for post menopause and for those who have pre-mature ovarian failure. Progesterone only therapy is also available for post-natal depression and severe pre-menstrual syndrome.
+ What does a consultation with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately)
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 30 minute discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone with our resident health coach
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups may rarely require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some rare cases, a few extra tests may be required to aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- We request all blood tests to be done at the clinic as our founder has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.
Please see this page for further details on consultation options, costs and our ethos
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: