Melatonin, DHEA Replacement Therapy London
Melatonin is the hormone that controls your circadian rhythm (your ability to distinguish day from night). It is commonly known as the 'jet-lag' pill and is available over the counter in many countries but is a prescription medicine in the United Kingdom. It decreases throughout life with increasing age and it is thought by some scientists to be the master orchestrator of all hormones and believed to the ultimate ageing hormone when its levels decrease. It is thought to indirectly control all body systems.
Melatonin will improve your sleep quality when taken daily amongst a whole host of other benefits, such as, improved infertility, easier adaptability to shift/night work, enhanced immunity and more well being.
DHEA & Others Explained
Other hormones within the hormonal cascade, include pregnenolone (the brain hormone), DHEA (the happy hormone), growth hormone (the repair and regeneration hormone) and HCG (the human chorionic gonadotrophin hormone), amongst others. All hormones decrease with age contributing to the ageing process. These hormones all work in conjunction with one another as part of the orchestra and have many wonderful functions. Replacing the depleted levels of these hormones will aid towards the anti-ageing process in many different ways, for example, most notably, slowing down dementia and improving one's sense of well-being, with many benefits and functions yet to be discovered.
These hormones are precursors to hormones lower down in the chain, for example testosterone, the replacement of which, is noticeably felt. Replacement of these hormones confers long term benefits with usually little immediate effects.
+ What does a consultation with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately) **
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 15-20 mins discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some people, a few extra tests may be required to gain more information and aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- We also requests that all blood draws to be done here at the clinic as she has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.
- How often would tests need to be carried out: You'll be required to have a smaller blood screen in month 3 and month 9 and thereafter, yearly.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- This is done in-house along with a smaller blood screen
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.
New Patient Consultation Package 2.5 hours (includes personalised management plan, follow up appt & support)
- Consultation Package with Dr Harpal £475 / blood circa £420
- Consultation Package with Dr Baldeep £375 / blood circa £420
Returning Patient Follow-up Consultation 60 minutes
- Consultation with Dr Harpal £250 + blood tests circa £220
- Consultation with Dr Baldeep £200 + blood tests circa £220
How to budget for the year
- Initial outlay will be consultation and blood tests, circa £900
- Prescription: this will depend on individual circumstances but works on a minimum of around £50/month for menopause, thyroid and andropause (testosterone) and increases slightly for other hormones. A more optimised regime will tend to cost more. This will be explained during consultation and patients are encouraged to take their time to decide what they would like to do.
- Supplementation: this will depend on your individual circumstances again and you can choose to source your own supplements or we can direct you to websites that we have vetted.
Booking fee applies to new clients, redeemable against treatment.
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: