Melatonin, DHEA Replacement Therapy London
Melatonin is the hormone that controls your circadian rhythm (your ability to distinguish day from night). It is commonly known as the 'jet-lag' pill and is available over the counter in many countries but is a prescription medicine in the United Kingdom. It decreases throughout life with increasing age and it is thought by some scientists to be the master orchestrator of all hormones and believed to the ultimate ageing hormone when its levels decrease. It is thought to indirectly control all body systems.
Melatonin will improve your sleep quality when taken daily amongst a whole host of other benefits, such as, improved infertility, easier adaptability to shift/night work, enhanced immunity and more well being.
DHEA & Others Explained
Other hormones within the hormonal cascade, include pregnenolone (the brain hormone), DHEA (the happy hormone), growth hormone (the repair and regeneration hormone) and HCG (the human chorionic gonadotrophin hormone), amongst others. All hormones decrease with age contributing to the ageing process. These hormones all work in conjunction with one another as part of the orchestra and have many wonderful functions. Replacing the depleted levels of these hormones will aid towards the anti-ageing process in many different ways, for example, most notably, slowing down dementia and improving one's sense of well-being, with many benefits and functions yet to be discovered.
These hormones are precursors to hormones lower down in the chain, for example testosterone, the replacement of which, is noticeably felt. Replacement of these hormones confers long term benefits with usually little immediate effects.
+ What does a consultation with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately) **
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 30 minute discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone with our resident health coach
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups may rarely require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some rare cases, a few extra tests may be required to aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- We request all blood tests to be done at the clinic as our founder has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.
Please see this page for further details on consultation options, costs and our ethos
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: