Consultation Options and Cost
To help our patients have the best experience at Harpal Clinic we have structured our options and pricing to reflect our core values of simplicity and transparency. We hope that by sharing our methodology upfront, we will be able to alleviate most concerns about the consultation and more importantly, what happens thereafter.
From our extensive experience in other private clinics, common concerns include:
- I'm happy to invest in my health. But what if I'm not convinced by the quality of service?
- What if the doctors disagree with what I think is wrong with me or they refuse to treat me?
- It feels reasonable upfront but what about the ongoing costs? I hate not having any control over how much I'd be expected to spend moving forward
- I've been to other doctors/nutritionists in the past and the ongoing cost is prohibitive. I can't afford it. There's also no guarantee as to how long I have to stick it out
- Would I have to keep coming back for follow ups all the time?
- Will the doctors keep asking me to do all kinds of tests? Its simply too much time, effort and expense
So with this in mind, we offer two types of Initial Consultation:
Comprehensive Consultation (Initial)
- 150 mins (90 mins initial consult; 30 mins for doctor's time to produce a thorough report, including test interpretation; 30 mins check in over phone/in-person/skype - to discuss the report and ongoing management plan)
- In-depth consultation which covers most things eg. all hormones, gut issues, mental health, weight, autoimmunity or any other co-existing diseases, stress and lifestyle issues, sexual health, environmental medicine, functional medicine and food intolerances amongst other relevant issues
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone with our health coach. This is a complementary, add on service
- Suitable for older patients or any patients who believe that their issue may be hormonal
- Anyone with multiple disease entity or complex issues eg high blood pressure, depression or auto-immunity amongst others
- Anyone who feels like they have hit a wall with their symptoms and like there's no light at the end of the tunnel
- Very good value if you require multiple tests as all interpretation is covered within the fee for the first 3 months after your initial consult
- We produce bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible and manage multiple issues at the same time for quicker results
- Comprehensive Consultation Package with Dr Harpal £475 / blood circa £420
- Comprehensive Consultation Package with Dr Baldeep £375 / blood circa £420
- Any other tests will be charged according to the individual lab pricing. Majority of patients do not require additional testing
How to budget for the year
- Initial outlay will be consultation and blood tests, circa £800 - £900
- Prescription: this will depend on individual circumstances but works on a minimum of around £50/month for menopause, thyroid and andropause (testosterone) and increases slightly for other hormones. A more optimised regime will tend to cost more. This will be explained during consultation and patients are encouraged to take their time to decide what they would like to do
- Supplementation: this will depend on your individual circumstances again and you can choose to source your own supplements or we can direct you to websites that we have vetted
- If you have a monthly budget to work towards, let us know and we will be able to guide you towards the best solution for your specific situation
Focussed Consultation (Initial)
- 70 mins (consultation, lab interpretation and management plan is created within this time)
- This is a pay-as-you-go service, similar to most other clinics in the UK
- Suitable if you have a specific concern and not too many other concurrent issues eg thyroid only, leaky gut, adrenal fatigue, skin etc. If you have 2 or more of these issues at the same time, the comprehensive will work out to be better value
- The practitioner will concentrate more on the problem presented but in the event that the doctor feels that you have more complex issues at play, you will be offered the option to convert to a comprehensive consultation at the time or at a later date up to 12 months from the date of the initial consult.
- We are happy to accept external labs as long as they are adequate and have been done within 2 months from date of the consultation
- You will be charged for any additional time taken for test interpretation or if your consultation has proven to be more complex and you require more time to discuss your issues. This will be pro-rated to the doctor's hourly charge and will be agreed beforehand.
- Any additional tests performed and interpreted will be charged on an as-agreed basis
- Focussed Consultation with Dr Harpal £265
- Focussed Consultation with Dr Baldeep £200
- (Optional) Lab Test Interpretation (Blood) - £125. Should you wish to carry out tests, this package includes: phlebotomy, written interpretation and a 20 minute discussion with the Doctor (face to face or phone/skype).
- (Optional) Lab Test Interpretation (Non-blood) - £100. Should you wish to carry out tests, this package includes: Written interpretation and a 20 minute discussion with the Doctor (face to face or phone/skype).
- (Optional) Lab Test Interpretation (Non-blood) - £75. Should you wish to carry out tests, this package includes: Written interpretation.
Follow Up Consultation
Comprehensive Consultation (Follow Up)
- 70 mins (30 mins consultation; 20 mins doctor's time to produce a report, including test interpretation; 20 mins check in - to discuss the report and ongoing management plan)
- Our follow up schedule from initial consultation is at month 3, month 9 and thereafter annually
- Of course, you can see us more frequently if you choose to
- Consultation with Dr Harpal £265 + blood tests circa £220
- Consultation with Dr Baldeep £200 + blood tests circa £220
Focussed Consultation (Follow Up)
- 30 mins (consultation and ongoing management plan)
- Our follow up schedule from initial consultation is at month 3, month 9 and thereafter annually if required and if you're still on medication prescribed by our doctors
- Any additional testing and time taken for interpretation will be charged on a pro rata basis to the doctor's hourly charge
- Follow-up Focussed Consultation with Dr Harpal £125
- Follow-up Focussed Consultation with Dr Baldeep £100
- Conversion to a comprehensive consultation can be taken up to 12 months from the date of the initial consultation
- The cost is simply the difference between the Comprehensive and the Focussed consultation.
*We take a £50 booking fee to secure a consultation which is credited towards the consultation on the day. This will not be refunded in the event of cancellations of less than 24 hours or no-shows