Chronic Fatigue Treatment
Fatigue creeps up on us, it starts with an off day here and there, we start saying no to a night out, or no to another session at the gym, we get an extra hours sleep but yet do not wake up refreshed. Exercise is not invigorating anymore, it just makes you feel more tired, achy and sore; and a night sat on the sofa feels incredibly seductive.
For many this is how it remains for years and may eventually get better, for some it could get worse and if you are lucky you get a medical label, such as, chronic fatigue syndrome, meaning that you will be recognised by the NHS instead of people labelling you as being lazy.
To reach chronic fatigue it is a complex chain of events which comprises of lifestyles, dietary factors, environmental insults, hormones and genetics. A lot of people find that fatigue type syndromes are closely linked to hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue and food intolerances. We want to get to the root of your symptoms and educate you in managing this problem for life.
What does a consultation with our Doctors include?
- up to 70 minutes consultation
- Lab interpretation where relevant
- Bespoke management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Option to convert to a more comprehensive consult if necessary
- Tests are not compulsory, should the doctor suggest a test, they are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges.
- If you feel you have other, more complicated factors such as hormonal imbalance, we suggest booking in for the detailed Comprehensive Medical Consultation.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.