Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Fact: Someone in their 40s and upwards have a depleted hormonal profile compared to someone in the peak of their lives in their 20s and 30s.
We first notice this decline when we cannot party as we used to, when our libido drops, when our skin starts to sag, when our tolerance to stress starts to decrease and the list goes on. In women, towards their late 40s and 50s we have a name for this process which is menopause. For men andropause is starting to be recognised.
This is a natural ageing process that can be managed. For those who choose to manage this we get the benefit of improved health, heart health, sexual health, bone health, brain health, skin health, eye health, in fact, your overall health.
Bioidentical hormones are identical biochemically to those that the human body produces on a daily basis; the body cannot distinguish these bioidentical hormones from those it produces itself. This defers from conventional hormone replacement therapy which have a different molecular formula to that in the human body and hence is patentable.
What does a Consultation Package with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately) **
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 30 minute discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone with our resident health coach
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an additional cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405 - £420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups may rarely require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some rare cases, a few extra tests may be required to aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- We ask for all blood tests to be done at the clinic as our founder has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.