Vitamin D Intramuscular Shot
Vitamin D is a group of fat soluble vitamins responsible for intestinal absorption of calcium and phosphate. Two major forms of vitamin D exist:
- Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), found in plants, is produced by ultraviolet B irradiation of ergosterol and can be consumed as a supplement or in fortified foods.
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol), on the other hand, a product of ultraviolet B irradiation of 7-dehydrocholesterol, is synthesised in the human epidermis or consumed in the form of natural (for example, fish) or fortified food sources or as a supplement.
- 300,000 IU units of Vitamin D2
- Intramuscular injection
- We use D2 instead of D3 as it is much better value and will be converted to D3 inside your body
- We don’t make enough (from the sun) for our needs especially in the West
- We do not get enough from foods and what we do get is usually poorly absorbed
- Particularly important if you have darker skin (Asian, Mediterranean and Afro-Caribbean) or use a lot of SPF
- Important for bone density alongside vitamin K2, A and minerals
- Improves the immune system
- Many studies that link Vit D’s with cancer, obesity, certain autoimmune conditions like MS, diabetes,blood pressure and heart disease
+ Who carries out the consultation and procedure?
The consultation and full procedure is carried out by our IV Physiologist. Your initial consultation is complimentary and if deemed suitable you'll receive the injection straight away.
If you prefer a Doctor there is a surcharge of £40, please request upon booking.
£55 (including complementary consultation with IV Physiologist)
*Vitamin D blood testing facilities available. We will advice you during the consultation
Booking fee applies to new clients and practitioner consultations redeemable against treatment