Thyroid Clinic in London
It is known as the metabolic hormone as it controls all metabolic processes in all the cells in your body. Hypothyroidism is becoming more and more prevalent because the number of people suffering from it has increased and the number of people already on medications which seem to have stopped working has also increased tremendously.
People suffering from thyroid problems may feel sluggish, depressed, have thinning and brittle hair and nails, notice weight gain, have dry and scaly skin, a loss of libido and always cold.
Most GPs will offer levothyroxine which is a synthetic T4 version of the thyroid hormone which needs to be converted to the active T3 version which your body can use. In some people the conversion step is dysfunctional hence you will find that your blood tests look normal, but you don't feel normal. In others you may be getting the normal blood levels of thyroid hormone but their body cannot utilise the hormones because the receptor sites are blocked. In others their bodies may be attacking the thyroid gland which results in auto-immune thyroiditis.
Routine labs include TSH, Free T3, Free T4. Additional tests as required can be added if considered relevant such as reverse T3 and thyroid antibodies. Our routine labs are very comprehensive and gives a good overview of how your other hormonal systems are working, inflammation in your body as well as other parameters to give a holistic view of how your body is functioning. Please call for more details.
Management can be as simple as replacing T3 to a fairly complex and comprehensive affair depending on the aetiology of your hypothyroidism. In some, basic replacement suffice whilst in others, adrenals may need to be managed better, other hormonal parameters optimised; leaky gut (where present) properly managed; in Hashimoto's, or autoimmune thyroiditis, the autoimmune component needs to be managed so that the body stops attacking itself so much. You will be advised and guided in all these components as part of your consultation and management.
+ What does a consultation with the Doctor include?
Consultation which lasts up to 60 minutes Ongoing clinical support via email/phone This is a very bespoke management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Consultation which lasts up to 60 minutes
- We assess your thyroid, adrenals and gut predominantly during the hour. We also look for signs of autoimmunity (Hashimotos thyroiditis)
- Depending on your labs and/or symptoms, we can formulate a management plan bespoke to you
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone
- If your problems are complex and you believe that there may be issues other than your thyroid, we highly recommend considering the full hormonal consultation
- We have formulated a few levels of lab tests depending on where you currently are with your understanding of thyroid issues and your budget
- Basic thyroid profile (FT3, FT4, TSH), Advanced thyroid profile (Basic + T4 and thyroid antibodies) and our preferance is for our comprehensive thyroid panel (Advanced + Reverse T3)
- We offer a complementary blood draw service if labs are done at our clinic for our medical patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- This can be done in-house or over the phone/video
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and 6 monthly after that.
New Patient Consultation 60 minutes*
- Consultation Dr Harpal £265 / blood tests circa £81- £220
- Consultation Dr Baldeep £200 / blood tests circa £81-£220
- Interpretation package £100 (not compulsory). Should you wish to carry out tests, this package includes: phlebotomy, written interpretation and a 20 minute discussion with the Doctor once you've received your report.
Follow-up Consultation 20 minutes
- Consultation £85 + blood tests circa £81-£220
Any questions? Contact us here quickly: