Testosterone Replacement Therapy in London (Andropause)
“Now after 3 months on testosterone therapy, my libido is very good and healthy, laugh a lot more, engage with life a lot more, listen to music a lot more, my body responds to going to the gym, more stamina, able to swim a lot longer, recovery from gym a lot quicker. I’m now waiting for the downfall as feel that its too good to be true. Able to handle stress a lot better. Feel much warmer than before. Anxiety levels much reduced. More effective at work. Get up and go is there. We have got our relationship back"
This is known as the male sex hormone but is also relevant in females. Testosterone levels start to decrease in the male beyond mid-30s and this continues throughout their lives. It is usually first noticed when the libido decreases and erection quality is not what is used to be. However, there usually has been symptoms prior to this, such as, irritability, lack of energy, depressive mood and not getting the same results at the gym. For women it often first noticed when there is a loss in sex drive.
Our testing is extremely comprehensive and covers Total and Free testosterone, LH (Luteinising Hormone) for pituitary function, Oestradiol levels (or Oestrogen, Estrogen), SHGB (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin), Prolactin and PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen), Hematocrit amongst other important parameters.
This treatment is advisable for those who feel they may have a deficiency of testosterone. You will be monitored closely and regularly to fine tune your optimal level and to tailor the management for the maximal benefit to the skin, muscles, heart, brain, libido and fat distribution.
+ What does a consultation with our Doctor include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately)
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 15-20 mins discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some people, a few extra tests may be required to gain more information and aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- Our doctors also requests that all blood draws to be done here at the clinic as she has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.
- How often would tests need to be carried out: You'll be required to have a smaller blood screen in month 3 and month 9 and thereafter, yearly.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- This is done in-house along with a smaller blood screen
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.
New Patient Consultation Package 2.5 hours (includes personalised management plan, follow up appt & support)
- Consultation Package with Dr Harpal £475 / blood circa £420
- Consultation Package with Dr Baldeep £375 / blood circa £420
Returning Patient Follow-up Consultation 60 minutes
- Consultation with Dr Harpal £250 + blood tests circa £220
- Consultation with Dr Baldeep £200 + blood tests circa £220
How to budget for the year
- Initial outlay will be consultation and blood tests, circa £900
- Prescription: this will depend on individual circumstances but works on a minimum of around £50/month for menopause, thyroid and andropause (testosterone) and increases slightly for other hormones. A more optimised regime will tend to cost more. This will be explained during consultation and patients are encouraged to take their time to decide what they would like to do.
- Supplementation: this will depend on your individual circumstances again and you can choose to source your own supplements or we can direct you to websites that we have vetted.