Platelet Rich Plasma
Also know as the Vampire Facial, this treatment is not quite as gruesome as it may sound. Believe it or not, your blood is full of rich platelet cells, growth hormones and a number of proteins such as cytokines along with other bioactive factors which have healing components to repair damage in the body. The main aim of this procedure is to aid cell turnover, when used on problematic skin or on the scalp for hair loss the platelets stimulate and regenerate to treat a range of cosmetic concerns.
Benefits of PRP
This is suitable for anyone who wants to enhance the general appearance of their skin by brightening and plumping.
- Increases elasticity
- Tightening and toning the skins texture
- Acne scarring and pigmentation
- Brightens ashy or dull skin
- Stimulates collagen
- Dark under eyes
- Rejuvenation of hands and feet
- Hair loss
- The procedure starts by drawing blood from your arm, because P-R-P is developed from your own blood, it is safe and free from transmissible disease.
- We'll centrifuge for 20 minutes whilst you have your topical anaesthesia applied. The centrifuge will separate your red blood cells from the plasma containing rich platelets.
- After consultation, the doctor will proceed by injecting the plasma subcutaneously into problematic areas.
- The entire procedure will take up to an hour.
- We use powerful lidocaine so you should only feel a small scratch, mainly around boney areas such as the bridge of the nose and forehead.
- It is recommended to have one treatment per month for 3-4 months for optimal results.
Downtime and when to expect results
- Straight after the treatment you'll be able to leave feeling fine. There will be some swelling and redness which is a normal result of the treatment.
- Downtime can take anything between 3-7 days, this really depends on how quickly your body heals.
- Do expect bruising in very sensitive areas such as under eyes or around the nose and mouth.
- For optimal results we recommend carrying out 3 sessions over three consecutive months.
One area £400
Additional areas £250
Course of 3
3 x one area £900
3 x additional areas £450
PRP with Mesotherapy
PRP can be combined with Mesotherapy for optimal results. Here we'll mix your rich platelet with micro quantities of hyaluronic acid and plant based vitamins/minerals to improve a number of problem areas on the face and body; particularly cellulite, stretch marks and hair loss.