Results in a nutshell.... here's a testimonial from one of our clients pretty much said in a single breath (paragraph is ours):
We are able to provide low dose naltrexone (LDN) as an adjunct to your current management by your doctors or where we are your primary point of contact. Please assume a minimum of 3 months of being on LDN before you start to notice a difference if any, although in majority of people, this can be much sooner. A small number of people do not find that LDN makes much of a difference and there is no way of knowing if you will respond favourably to LDN.
If you would like us to be your main contact, you will have to undergo our usual, extremely detailed consultation with detailed labs (90mins) where Dr Bains will assess you hormonally as well as in all other respects and advice/manage you accordingly.This will be subject to our usual charges as listed below. This option costs more but is recommended for people with multiple problems and is cost effective in the long run.
In order to qualify as a secondary point of contact, which is more cost effective, we generally ask that:
- Your primary carer (GP or specialist) is aware and supportive of you being here
- Where possible, there is a referral letter
- You have to email in your diagnosis or the reason you believe LDN may be an option for you
- You have blood results within the past 3 months (of your appointment day)
- You bring in other relevant investigations that you have done eg imaging reports etc
Whilst this is not strictly necessary, we prefer to work with your main doctors as LDN is still in its infancy. If your circumstances differ from the above or you don't think that you are able to fulfil the criteria above, please contact us for more advice. We personally prefer to be able to do a comprehensive assessment as most long term illnesses have many different causes for it, and our multi-disciplinary approach tackles things in a step wise fashion. However, we are aware that for many people, the costs involved can be prohibitive and so have designed a smaller, targeted consultation which will mostly deal with the problem to hand. In this instance, we are happy to use blood tests that you already have, provided that they have been taken within the last 3 months, or where you have proof of a diagnosis.
We prefer to do face to face consultation but are also happy to do facetime, skype and phone consults if that suits you better.
+ Forms of LDN
This is currently available in various forms:
- Syrup- good for when you initially start and are experimenting with different doses to find your dose. This is the most cost effective option. It tastes like cough syrup. Contents: organic glycerol, base of linctus, sugarfree, natural colours (wild berry extract and paprika), star anise extract for flavour, trace of lactose.
- Sublingual- similar to syrup but preferable as it bypasses the gut absorption. This is our preferred option whilst you're figuring out your dose. Most people continue to stay on this. Contents: cellulose, trace of lactose, organic glycerol.
- Cream- similar to the syrup but in a cream form which completely bypasses any gut absorption.
- Capsules- this is useful once you know your ideal dose as it can be made to any dose. Vegan, chemical and lactose free.
- Others- please discuss this with the doctor on the day of consultation.
You have a choice of:
LDN Only Initial Consultation (40mins) - £195 This includes review of your labs/investigations, detailed consultation with prescription where relevant.
Full Medical Consultation with blood work (90mins)- £450 + cost of blood work (from £420) This includes pre-consultation questionnaires and assessment, consultation, a follow up email with detailed assessment tying your symptoms to your lab work, a management plan, plus a hand holding service during the first 2-4 weeks of commencing management as many patients require tweaking and plenty of support in the initial few weeks.
Follow Up Consultation and Repeat Prescriptions
- Follow up LDN consultation (20mins)- £120 Repeat prescriptions (up to 3 months supply)- £20 + cost of LDN eg £20 + LDNx3 (price of LDN will depend on your choice of product)
- We ask that patients come back for a follow up at month 3 and month 9 of commencing treatment in the first year and yearly thereafter. We reserve the right to not renew a prescription if the clinic's protocols are not adhered to.
Any questions? Contact us here quickly:
We are a member of the LDN Society