Low Dose Naltrexone
Results in a nutshell.... here's a testimonial from one of our clients pretty much said in a single breath (paragraph is ours):
We are able to provide low dose naltrexone (LDN) as an adjunct to your current management by your doctors. Please assume a minimum of 3 months of being on LDN before you start to notice a difference if any, although in majority of people, this can be much sooner. A small number of people do not find that LDN makes much of a difference and there is no way of knowing if you will respond favourably to LDN.
Where possible we ask for:
- Your primary carer (GP or specialist) is aware and supportive of you being here (not compulsory)
- You have blood results within the past 3 months (not compulsory)
- You bring in other relevant investigations that you have done eg imaging reports etc (not compulsory)
Whilst this is not strictly necessary, we prefer to work with your main doctors as LDN is still in its infancy.
We personally prefer to be able to do a comprehensive assessment as most long term illnesses have many different causes for it, and our multi-disciplinary approach tackles things in a step wise fashion. However, we are aware that for many people, the costs involved can be prohibitive and so have designed a smaller, targeted consultation which will mostly deal with the problem to hand.
We prefer to do face to face consultation but are also happy to do facetime, skype and phone consults if that suits you better.
+ Forms of LDN
This is currently available in various forms:
- Syrup- good for when you initially start and are experimenting with different doses to find your dose. This is the most cost effective option. It tastes like cough syrup. Contents: organic glycerol, base of linctus, sugarfree, natural colours (wild berry extract and paprika), star anise extract for flavour, trace of lactose.
- Sublingual- similar to syrup but preferable as it bypasses the gut absorption. This is our preferred option whilst you're figuring out your dose. Most people continue to stay on this. Contents: cellulose, trace of lactose, organic glycerol.
- Cream- similar to the syrup but in a cream form which completely bypasses any gut absorption.
- Capsules- this is useful once you know your ideal dose as it can be made to any dose. Vegan, chemical and lactose free.
- Others- please discuss this with the doctor on the day of consultation.
LDN Only Initial Consultation (40mins) - This includes review of your labs/investigations, detailed consultation.
- Dr Baldeep Bains £165
- Dr Harpal Bains £225
Follow Up Consultation and Repeat Prescriptions
Follow up LDN consultation (20mins) We ask that patients come back for a follow up at month 3 and month 9 of commencing treatment in the first year and yearly thereafter. We reserve the right to not renew a prescription if the clinic's protocols are not adhered to.
- Dr Baldeep Bains £85
- Dr Harpal Bains £145
Booking fee applies to new clients and practitioner consultations, redeemable against treatment