Myers Vitamin intravenous Infusion
We offer the classic Myers Cocktail Intravenous Infusion which is comprised of:
- Vitamin C (preservative free)
- Vitamin B cocktail comprising of B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 (preservative free)
- Minerals- Magnesium sulphate, Calcium (preservative free)
We also add to this where necessary depending on indications and individual needs.
+ Additional Services
Added to your treatment via a drip or intramuscular for a bespoke solution.
- High dose Vitamin C
- Vitamin D (intramuscular only)
- Amino Essential
- Amino Immune
- Amino Neuro
- Amino Hair and Skin
- Amino Sport and Muscle
- Sodium chloride 0.9% 250ml and 500ml
+ How are they prepared?
Our cocktails are prepared fresh on-site as opposed to pre-prepared mixes that are prone to oxidative damage, especially Vitamin C (which is also pure and free from any allergens). They come in separate amber bottles that are sealed individually and are light resistant. They are mixed with normal saline on-site and can be given in 2 ways.
- An intravenous drip that lasts for around 45 mins. Please allow one hour for your initial treatment and consultation and thereafter, 45 mins.
- A slow intravenous 'push' that lasts for around 20 mins. Please allow 45 mins for your initial treatment and consultation and thereafter, 20 mins.
+ How often should you do it?
- This can be a one off (before or after a big event) or taken as a course 3-6 weeks apart.
- As maintenance once every 3 months
- We will advise you and guide by your needs and requirements.
+ Who carries out the consultation and procedure?
- Our IV Physiologist carries out the full procedure.
- Dr Bains can carry out the procedure with a surcharge of £70
+ What do the individual components of the Myers Cocktail do?
- Magnesium- Magnesium can help with energy as it is necessary for the formulation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which fuels our cells. It’s also a precursor for the feel good hormone serotonin. In addition, it plays a role in the synthesis of glutathione which is one of the bodies most potent antioxidants and is involved in helping our liver in clearing out toxins.
- Calcium- We normally think of calcium as being essential for bone health, which it is, but so are magnesium and other vitamins such as vitamin D. Calcium is the most common mineral in our bodies and assists in the functioning of our nervous and muscular systems and in the secretion of many hormones and enzymes. Since calcium is needed for so many processes in our body it is often borrowed from our bones to maintain proper levels so it is important to get enough from food and other sources.
- Pyridoxine (B6)- supports over 100 different enzymatic processes in our bodies. It helps in energy production. It helps produce neurotransmitters such as norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine and GABA. It is involved in the synthesis of antibodies which are necessary for immune function. It must be obtained from the diet and supplements because it cannot be produced in the human body. Dexpanthenol (B5)- aids in release of energy from foods, is involved in the transport of fatty acids to and from cells and accelerates fatty acid breakdown in the mitochondria. It supports adrenal glands. Cyanocobalamin (B12)- helps in keeping the body's nerve and blood cells healthy and helps make DNA.
- Thiamine (B1)- plays an essential role in carbohydrate metabolism and energy production.
- Riboflavin (B2)- is needed to promote healthy growth and tissue repair in addition to helping release energy from carbohydrates. It also activates pyridoxine.
- Niacinamide (B3)- helps maintain normal function of skin, nerves, and our digestive system. It also reduces LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Vitamin C- needed for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of your body. A powerful antioxidant which neutralises free radicals and stimulates the immune system. The body is not able to make vitamin C on its own, and it does not store vitamin C. It is therefore important to get plenty of vitamin C from diet, ideally, or supplementation.
+ IV Call Out's
We offer a call out service for all IV's and IM shots. Please call reception for more information.
- Classic Myers Cocktail £160
- Course of 3 Classic Myers Cocktails £455 (saving 5%)
- Course of 6 Classic Myers Cocktails £865 (saving 10%)
- Charged between £15-£30 per addition. Please call reception for more details.
- We use a 250ml saline bag if you prefer a 500ml bag there is an additional fee of £40 and will take upto 90 minutes for the drip time.
Booking fee applies to new clients and practitioner consultations redeemable against treatment