B12 + B Cocktail
We use two forms of B12: Hydroxocobalamin and Methylcobalamin. Essentially, they both carry out the same functions.
Hydroxocobalamin is produced by microorganisms and converts to methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin in the body. Methylcobalamin is a biologically active form, hence a more natural option.
+ Why are we deficient?
Vitamin B12 deficiencies are commoner than other B vitamins for a few reasons. The 4 commonest reasons are:
- pernicious anaemia (an autoimmune disorder of a lack of red blood cells due to the body not being to absorb enough vitamin B12)
- a vegetarian or vegan diet. B12 is most abundantly found in animal products. Vegan sources of B12 are nutritional yeast (marmite), algae and seaweed, fortified foods eg cereals. However, absorption can be erratic.
- low stomach acidity. This is an increasingly common problem especially since many people these days seem to be on antacids to counter perceived high stomach acidity. Normal acid levels are required for optimal B12 absorption.
- Problems with absorption of nutrients. Many people have 'subclinical' gut issues. If you have a lot of gas, acid reflux, belching, loose motion and/or constipation, brain fog, migraines, joint pains etc, you probably have a gut issue like SIBO, leaky gut or irritable bowel syndrome. Many people don't realise that they have gut issues.
+ Why do we need B12?
B12 deficiency is a great mimicker as it can imitate many other diseases. Our body needs Vitamin B12 for a number of vital functions like energy formation, DNA synthesis, red blood cell formation and myelin formation (the insulation around your nerve endings that allows them to communicate). So it is easy to imagine what could happen if you have a deficiency. Below is a small snapshot:
- Depression or feeling down
- Sleep problems
- Memory problems and brain fog
- Weakness in limbs
- Tired all the time (TATT)
- Multiple miscarriages
- Low sperm count
+ Who carries out the consultation and procedure?
The consultation and full procedure is carried out by our IV Physiologist. Your initial consultation is complimentary and if deemed suitable you'll receive the injection straight away.
- The consultation and full procedure is carried out by our IV Physiologist. Your initial consultation is complimentary and if deemed suitable you'll receive the injection straight away.
- If you prefer a Doctor there is a surcharge of £40, please request upon booking.
This is based on 1ml of B12, 1ml of B Complex. This also includes a complementary consultation with our IV Physiologist.
- £35 for B12 or B Complex shot
- £189 for a course of 6 of either B12/ B Complex (save 10%)
- £15 for each extra B12 or B complex or Magnesium given at the same time
- £45 for B Cocktail (1ml B12 + 1ml of B Complex)
- £243 for a course of 6 of B Cocktail (save 10%)
- £65 B Complex Push (10ml) IV (intravenously)
- £40 for B12 shot
- £216 for course of 6 B12 save 10%
*Vitamin B12 and other nutrients blood testing facilities available. We will advice you during the consultation
Booking fee applies to new clients and practitioner consultations redeemable against treatment