Adrenal Fatigue Treatment in London
The adrenal glands produce hormones which are responsible for the fight or flight response; very useful if you are faced with a tiger but constant release of small quantities of the stress hormone over long periods of time gives rise to adrenal fatigue. It commonly manifests as continually decreasing ability to cope, where you are tired for no reason, you are feeling run down or overwhelmed, have difficulty bouncing back from illnesses and crave salty and sweet snacks. Many people may find they have a low blood pressure, for which they are applauded, when you should really be questioning why you have this low blood pressure, as this can be a symptom of adrenal fatigue.
Most people go through life simply coping or living sub-optimally and some people may have incidences which push them over the edge, for example, an emotional stress, such as death of a loved one or divorce, or a physical stress, such as, major surgery, an accident or child birth. In some people these are triggering events as well.
Dr Bains will work with you to find ways of managing your symptoms and find long-term solutions.
+ What does a consultation with Dr Bains include?
- Pre-consultation questionnaires via email
- Consultation which lasts up to 90 minutes
- Blood tests carried out in-house (charged separately) **
- Detailed summary and management plan after assessing the bloods and consultation via email
- A 15-20 mins discussion with the Doctor via phone/Skype/in person/email once you've received your report
- Ongoing clinical support via email/phone
- This is a very bespoke and detailed management plan to get the best outcome possible
- Total time spent per patient by the Doctor is around 2.5 hours
- These are at an extra cost depending on what is required and lab charges. Please budget between £405-£420 for blood tests. The exact amount will differ according to whether you're a male or female, your age (older age groups require a few more tests), additional information (e.g if extra thyroid tests are required).
- What the test covers: basic general profile, detailed hormonal profile, bone metabolism where required, inflammatory mediators, basic cholesterol assessment and Vitamin D. The test is very detailed and covers most aspects but in some people, a few extra tests may be required to gain more information and aid diagnosis and management.
- We offer a complementary blood draw service at our clinic for our patients or will be able to help you source a location for the draw if you live outside London.
- Dr Bains also requests that all blood draws to be done here at the clinic as she has created a very specific protocol for what she tests, some of which are hard to obtain within the NHS.
- How often would tests need to be carried out: You'll be required to have a smaller blood screen in month 3 and month 9 and thereafter, yearly.
- This is generally done 3-4 months after the initial consultation to reassess management and adjust where necessary.
- This is done in-house along with a smaller blood screen
- Thereafter, we recommend a follow up on month 9 and yearly after that.
New Patient Consultation 90 minutes*
- Consultation £450 / blood circa £420
Follow-up Consultation 30 minutes
- Consultation £200 + blood tests circa £220
How to budget for the year
- Initial outlay will be consultation and blood tests, circa £900
- Prescription: this will depend on individual circumstances but works on a minimum of around £50/month for menopause, thyroid and andropause (testosterone) and increases slightly for other hormones. A more optimised regime will tend to cost more. This will be explained during consultation and patients are encouraged to take their time to decide what they would like to do.
- Supplementation: this will depend on your individual circumstances again and you can choose to source your own supplements or we can direct you to websites that we have vetted.
Any Questions? Contact us here quickly: